Date of last update: 6 September 2018
We are committed to providing quality services to you and this policy outlines our ongoing obligations to you in respect of how we manage your personal information (“you” and when relating to you, “your“) through complying with the law.
In this policy, we describe how we manage your personal information.
1.The kinds of personal information we collect
The kinds of personal information that we may collect include:
- contact details such as name, address, date of birth, email address, mobile number and landline number;
- the first name and/or user names and email addresses of family members and calendar activities;
- confidential information including bank account and credit card details which is processed through an integrated third party provider. We will not release this information unless we have your express consent to do so;
- your individual preferences, and opinions;
- how you were referred to or became aware of us;
- if you are an employee or prospective employee, information about your qualifications, skills and work experience; and
- when you use certain features of the Application, we may receive, store and process different types of information about your location such as IP address, post code and more specific information such as GPS based functionality on mobile devices used to access the Application.
1.1 We do not collect any personal information that relates to details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data. Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
2.How we collect personal information
2.1 We collect personal information by various means including through:
- your direct interactions with us e.g. giving us feedback, requesting customer service and support, responding to surveys or research undertaken by us or on our behalf, requesting marketing to be sent to you, completing our questionnaires, making a payment through our Application;
- use of the Application;
- use of social media e.g. Facebook and Instagram etc;
- Cookies and tracking technology; and
- Google Analytics;
2.2Where practicable we collect personal information about you directly from you. However, we may also collect information about you from a third party.
3.The purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information
3.1We collect, hold, use and personal information in order to:
- contact and communicate with you;
- complete transactions with you;
- direct market to you, with your permission;
- understand and analyse our sales, and your needs and preferences;
- develop, enhance, market and provide services that meet your needs;
- improve our services; and
- respond to requests or complaints.
3.2In general, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than in relation to sending third party direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us.
4.The parties to whom your personal information is disclosed
4.1We understand that your information is very important to you, and we treat it carefully. Subject to our confidentiality obligations, we may share some relevant personal information with:
- our marketing providers for the purposes of providing you our newsletter, invitations, information and offers; and
- other third-party service providers who assist us with archival, auditing, accounting, legal, business consulting, website or technology services.
4.2We also will disclose your information if required by law to do so, or in circumstances permitted by the law.
5.Disclosure of information
5.1If you are located within Australia, we will not disclose your information to overseas recipients.
5.2If you are located outside of Australia, we will transfer your personal data to Australia, where our service is hosted.
6.Opting out of marketing communications
6.1We may, from time to time, send you newsletters, invitations, information and offers about our services. You can opt out of receiving further such communications by clicking the “unsubscribe” option at the bottom of any marketing e-mail received from us.
6.2When you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of a product/service purchase, warranty registration, product/service experience or other transactions.
7.1We take reasonable physical, technical and administrative safeguards to protect your personal information from misuse, interference, loss, and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
8.Access/correction/ erasure / updating / restricting processing / requesting the transfer of personal information
8.1You can contact us to (amongst other things) access, correct, erase or update your personal information. Unless we are subject to confidentiality obligation or some other restriction on giving access to the information and we are permitted to refuse you access under the law, we will endeavour to make your information available to you within 30 days. It may, however, take longer than 30 days if you request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
8.2If you request to correct your personal information, we will correct, or, if we consider more appropriate, note your request for amendment of the information on your record.
8.3We will not charge you to make a request to access your record but we may charge you to actually provide access depending on the costs associated with obtaining and providing the material. We may also charge you a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
8.4These actions can usually be taken by contacting us using the contact information on the “Contact Us” section below.
Notification of Changes
9.1We may, from time to time and in our sole discretion, change, make additions or deletions to this Policy. Your continued use of our Application following any amendments indicates that you accept the amendments. You should check this Policy regularly, prior to providing any personal information, to ensure you are aware of any changes, and only proceed to provide personal information, if you accept the new Policy.
10.1We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary, which is a minimum of 7 years, to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
10.2To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
10.3In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: See Request Erasure below for further information.
10.4In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can be no longer associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Your Legal Rights
11.1Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out below, please contact us.
12. Complaints / Contact us
We have appointed a privacy manager who is responsible for overseeing questions in relation to this privacy notice.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights or if you believe that we have breached the law and you wish to make a complaint, please contact the data privacy manager using the below email: [email protected]
If you feel that your privacy has been breached, we ask that you please contact us in the first instance so that we may have a chance to deal and assist you with your concerns.
We will endeavour to respond to any complaint within 30 days.